Location : Bristol
Post Date : 25 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06010-0010095378
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are delighted to be working with SafeLives, a national charity dedicated to ending domestic abuse based in central Bristol. SafeLives are looking to a Finance Manager who will report to the Head of Finance
To manage the day to day operations of SafeLives finance team, and to produce timely and accurate management accounts, statutory accounts and funder reports.
- Finance team & Line management
- Ensure all transaction processing and financial control tasks are done by the finance team on a timely, complete and accurate basis (including, but not limited to: payment runs; payroll; credit control; bank and ledger account reconciliations; tax compliance (PAYE & VAT)).
- Line management, support and development of the 2 finance officers, and supervision and checking of their work
- Support the finance team to develop professionally, to work as a team and model the behaviours and values we expect of our staff.
- Follow SafeLives people management processes, including regular performance management Management information and analysis
- Prepare regular financial management information which is relevant, usable and informs decision making, including budget holder statements, management accounts and related financial KPIs (liking in to SafeLives dashboard)
- Work with the Head of Finance to update and improve management information (e.g. for new projects)
- Support budget holders to understand financial information through training and coaching sessions, and regular update meetings.
- Work with the fundraising team and support them and the Head of Finance to develop fundraising bids which include full cost recovery, and are in line with funder requirements
- Monitor the use of restricted funds on a monthly basis (via monthly management accounts) and provide updates to the fundraising team and Head of Finance on restricted fund usage.
- Provide financial information to the fundraising team to enable prompt and accurate reporting back to donors, in their required formats. Year-end accounts and audit 1. Prepare draft statutory accounts and supporting schedules in accordance with the Charity SORP for the annual audit.
- Act as a key day to day point of contact for auditors, and work with them to ensure a smooth an efficient annual audit process. Financial planning & budget management
- Support the Head of Finance, SLT and Budget managers to develop the annual SafeLives budget, in line with operating plans
- Support the Head of Finance in producing long term financial plans, and in producing regular reforecasts to budget.
- Work with budget holders to monitor actual income/costs versus budgets and to reforecast (monthly budget reports and regular updates)
- Maintain and develop cost models for fee earning activities (training, consultancy and Insights)
* Qualified accountant with appropriate PQE. Would consider good "qualified by experience" candidates or time barred finalists.
* Payroll experience, including RTI
* VAT knowledge & experience * Commercial nous with the ability to business partner
* Strong Excel skills
* Experience in managing and developing staff
For more information please contact Oliver Price at Robert Half on 01179 935400 or email
All third party applications or speculative cv's will be managed by Robert Half as part of the exclusivity agreement
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead