GBP45000 - 50000 / annum
22nd December 2017
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Manager to join Merlin, a leading Housing Society based in the South West of England. (Based in Chipping Sodbury, South Gloucestershire) To demonstrate the importance of this new role Merlin will offer an attractive basic salary plus benefits and bonus.
Merlin Housing is a 'customer first' sort of business and one of the largest landlords in the South West, the goal is to be a world class organisation, providing homes in communities people aspire to live in to all 16,000 customers across 9,000 homes in the South West. Operating across the South Gloucestershire and Greater Bristol area. Merlin are a growing organisation with growing ambition and are in a strong financial position to deliver on their vision of being world class by 2020 and are looking for a candidate committed to making this ambition a reality!
An important finance manager position for the business with a depth and breadth of responsibilities, including line management. You will lead the management and development of financial reporting across Merlin to ensure appropriate, accurate, timely financial information is provided to a range of audiences. The role will also lead the financial reporting team while working closely with the business to deliver the production of annual budgets, monthly management accounts and year-end statutory accounts. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent management skills, together with the ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and develop staff.
- Lead on the production of financial reporting across the organisation. Ensure that the Board, Committees, Executive Team and senior management receive relevant timely information in order to understand financial performance and to enable informed decision making.
- Manage the report production process to ensure delivery on time and to a satisfactory standard, managing relevant work patterns to ensure this is seen as a priority. Ensure the integrity of all reporting information prior to distribution.
- Line manage and support the Financial Reporting team. This will include the provision of expertise and advice when required, the setting and monitoring of individual delivery targets and conducting regular one-to-one review and annual appraisals in accordance with the Society's requirements.
- Manage the annual budget and half yearly reforecasting process, ensuring that all relevant staff are made aware of the requirements and timetable for providing input, encouraging buy-in and ownership.
- Plan and manage the year end process with our external Auditors and take overall responsibility for the delivery of the Audit Schedules and supporting information. In conjunction with the Financial Services manager, ensure that financial controls are maintained throughout the year, to facilitate a smooth year-end audit
- Experience of managing a financial reporting team
- Demonstrable evidence of the development of financial reporting
- Experience of the development of on-line reporting tools and the management of systems and data
- Able to demonstrate effective management of budget and forecasting processes
- Control and management of financial accounting and year end processes
- Management of financial month end procedures and controls, working to tight deadlines
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be up to 50k dependent upon experience. The role also includes attractive pension and bonus as well as 25 days holiday, discounted gym membership.
For more information contact Oliver Price on 01179 935400
Any third party cv's will be sent to Robert Half via the terms of the exclusivity agreement
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement