GBP39373 - 43453 / annum
Robert half are delighted to be partnering with Cabot Learning Federation, to recruit a Finance Manager to join the business in a 'value add' business partnering role. Cabot Learning Federation is a partnership of schools that sponsors fifteen academies in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Weston super Mare and Bath. The business is based in Kingswood and are responsible and accountable for the education of 8000 students between the ages of 3 and 19 and for the employment and support of over 1500 staff.
This 'value add' post will provide professional financial support to one of the three CLF clusters of academies. This role will look after five schools, all varied in size and turnover, four secondary and one primary and will include a broad range of duties but with a clear focus on the traditional business partnering remit of budget setting and management accounts production alongside various stakeholders.
- Report directly to the CLF Finance Director and ensures that they are fully briefed on key organisation matters specifically relating to finance.
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager and the Financial Director in ensuring the ongoing effectiveness of the Finance Team and the services which it provides to the Federation's academies.
- Act as the main finance contact point for one each cluster business partnering with Principals and Academy Business Managers (ABMs) in the CLF academies, providing support, challenge and guidance where needed.
- Work effectively with key contacts both inside and outside of the federation including funding agencies and government bodies.
- Liaise with colleagues within the central team outside of finance.
- Co-ordinate the budget setting process with input from the Senior Finance Manager.
- Complete the monthly management accounts production in full with the Academy Business Managers of one cluster and monitor forecast vs budget, including detailed inquiry and interrogation of the figures and results to ensure figures and balances are accurate.
- Oversee the ongoing monthly coding and analyse of expenditure of the cluster against ring fenced funding and provide suitable and appropriate financial reporting to the senior team.
- Support academies in the development and execution of business cases including but not limited to funding bids, capital plans, reserves proposals, savings plans, as consistent with the wider financial plan.
- Financial analysis and ability to interrogate data
- Ability to challenge and hold people to account
- Ability to influence others and prioritise effectively
- Confident presenting financial data to small groups of non-financial people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Oliver Price at Robert Half on 01179 935400 or email
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement