Location : Bristol
Post Date : 25 January 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 466752
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working in an exclusive partnership with Stirling Dynamics based in Clifton Village, Bristol for the appointment of a Finance Manager.
Stirling Dynamics provides high calibre independent technical engineering services and control system technology into the aerospace, marine and energy markets. Since its formation 30 years ago Stirling has developed an enviable reputation with international customers.
Stirling has experience with over 70 different aircraft types and has supported 10 navies worldwide in the design, test and commissioning of a wide range of submarines.
Ultimately the success of the company is made possible with a customer-focussed, can-do culture delivered by a professional team of talented engineers and managers.
Strategy and Business Performance
Strong financial performance is essential to support investment and growth and last year's results show a turnover of £7.6 million.
Looking forward to the 3-year strategic plan, Stirling are aiming to achieve £12m turnover, £1.3m Profit Before Tax by 2018-19.
The jobholder will be required to assist in the development of the Company's finance systems relating to financial reporting, cash flow management, sales ledgers and management accounting. The Financial Accountant will assist in the implementation and development of all key financial processes including business unit reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Preparation of monthly and Year End accounts
- Fixed Asset Control
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Business unit & departmental analysis/monitoring
- Formulating ideas for profit improvement
- Taxation including Corporation Tax, VAT, R&D Tax credits
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash flow forecasting and management
- Audit preparation & involvement
- Project accounting and working progress
- Preparation of Board reports and Management information
- Adhoc duties as required
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with NAV 2009 or similar NAV
- Advanced excel skills
- Knowledge of Payroll, both UK and overseas
- Understanding of HMRC - all business & employer areas
- Good communication skills
- Hands on approach
- Able to deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
Stirling offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme, pension contribution and flexible working hours to help balance work-life demands. Skills development through training, mentoring and attendance at conferences/exhibitions are actively encouraged.
Events are held throughout the year such as the Summer BBQ, Christmas parties, and more energetic sporting activities and charitable functions.
For further information please call Laura Emms on 07818 565206 or email
All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Half as part of the exclusivity agreement
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead