£200 - 250 / day
25th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working with a well-established Defence and Military business based in North Bristol who are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant on a 3-4 months interim basis.This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced contractor looking for their next interim opportunity.
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts for review by Financial Controller
- Preparation of monthly management accounts by legal entity
- Co-ordinate with the Finance Assistant and Business Finance team to ensure all transactions and month end accruals are up to date and accurate
- Co-ordinate with the Finance Assistant completion of the monthly sales invoice and monthly and annual Incurred Cost report
- Review group VAT returns prior to submission to HMRC
- Prepare Prompt Payment reports for review by the Financial Controller
- Assist Financial Controller with monthly/ periodic finance reporting
- Review supplier and expense payments prior to approval
- Lead Continuous Improvement of all Finance processes to create efficiencies
- Assist with preparation of statutory accounts, notes and disclosures
- Manage direct reports effectively with oversight of Purchasing, Employee Expenses, Travel Booking and Procurement
- Finance point of contact for Timesheet queries including reallocation of costs
- Ownership of the accounting software including chart of account maintenance and upgrades
- Ensure compliance with Company Finance procedures and policies
- Ensure compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Degree or appropriate professional qualification;
- Membership of an appropriate professional accounting body (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Experience of statutory, financial and management accounting;
- Experience of VAT returns;
- Excellent Excel skills with confidence to understand and create complex spreadsheets;
- Attention to detail with ability to prepare concise summaries of information to explain movements in costs;
- Ability to work to deadlines and stand back and review own work; and
- Ability to work with others, within and outside the finance department.
Our client are an established and successful organisation with a UK wide operation. With continued progression and growth plans, this is an exciting time to be a part of this market leading organisation. Promoting a culture of collaboration and communication, the organisation welcomes continual ideas for improvements at a micro and macro level.
Salary & Benefits
In return, you can expect a salary of £200-£250 per day, depending on experience.
If this role sounds of interest for yourself or someone you know then please do not hesitate to apply through the link or please give me a call on 0117 9935 400 to discuss this role or any future opportunities.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400