£48,000.00 - £53,000.00 / annum
21st August 2019
Accounting and Finance
Our client, a growing SME based in central Bristol are looking to recruit a technically astute Financial Controller for their office to report to the CFO and help ensure the financials are well prepared for group. This role will lead the finance team in the UK and the main duties will include reviewing daily accounting transactions, help with regulatory filings, oversee payroll, issue invoices, process intercompany transactions, monitor cash flows, and most importantly preparing quarterly reporting and successfully delivering these numbers to the executive teams.
- Deliver quarterly financial reporting package to the head office within four weeks of the quarter end.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and report it to the bank
- Monitor daily accounting transactions and process bank payments
- Prepare billings to customers and follow up on overdue amounts
- Prepare payroll data to be sent to a payroll agency.
- Review and approve purchase orders received from customers.
- Review AP and Expense claims
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Prepare invoices for intercompany transactions
- Monitor cash flows and prepare cash flow forecast
- Complete VAT returns and HMRC required information in a timely manner
- Prepare revenue recognition analysis on long-term projects and prepare commission calculations
- A positive working attitude and strong financial leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and be able to cope with changes
- Willingness to take ownership, get your hands dirty, and help out where needed
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet reporting deadlines.
- A business partner who is willing to assist other functions of the company to achieve short-term and long-term goals.
- Expert proficiency in Excel (e.g. pivot table, V-Lookup function, data filter, etc.)
- A Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA). Our client will need strong technical proficiency.
An international brand in an interesting sector operating in Bristol
Salary & Benefits
48-53k plus share options, pension and wider package.
For more information please contact Oliver Price at Robert Half on 07747 565514 or email
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400