GBP250 - 300 / day
23rd February 2018
Robert Half are currently partnering with one of Bristol's most rapidly expanding and excelling organisations. This Financial Controller position will see someone oversee a high performing team, whilst not being entirely divorced from the day job. The successful Financial Controller will have experience of working at this level of seniority and have a track record of good team management, whilst also taking responsibility for the month end process and feeding information into senior stakeholders across the business. This Financial Controller position is being recruited on a 6 month interim basis and will require the successful candidate to start at short notice.
- Responsibility for all preparation of month end pack including P&L, BS, KPIs and reporting on variances to budget and forecast to Finance Director
- Ensuring that the general accounting operations are compliant with accounting standards
- Recording company assets and liabilities including debtors and creditors ledgers and achieving budgeted/forecasted debtors and creditors days
- Responsible for all rebates co op and SVBAs to include ensuring correct accruals reported in the accounts, all communication to both internal and external (customer) and validating contracts.
- Monitoring the performance of each business unit in line with their set budgets and KPIs
- Providing Weekly cash forecast and commenting on variances, providing full visibility of cash requirements to FD
- Payroll journals and reconciliations
- Sales commission and incentive calculation and reconciliations
- Implement and maintain all financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working financial practices and procedures
- Keeping the finance director fully briefed and up to date on financial issues
- Recruit, manage, train and motivate direct reports, according to company procedures, policy and employment law
- Liaising with auditors for yearly and half yearly audits
- Monitoring and reviewing all discretionary spend through AFC process
- Managing credit control and the credit hold process minimising risk whilst minimising the unnecessary disruption of supply to customers
- Qualified Accountant
- Previous experience of working in a financial controller position
- Experience of managing a team
Our client have grown from strength to strength and are now seen to be one of the south west's most impressive organisations. This is an excellent opportunity to not only work in a developing business, but alongside a high achieving finance team, with a proven record of achieving great results.
Salary & Benefits
£250pd - £300pd DOE
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement