Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Location : Bristol
Post Date : 04 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06010-0010067319
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to join Merlin, a leading Housing Society based in the South West of England. (Based in Chipping Sodbury, South Gloucestershire) To demonstrate the importance of this new role Merlin will offer an attractive basic salary plus benefits and bonus.
Merlin Housing is a 'customer first' sort of business and one of the largest landlords in the South West, the goal is to be a world class organisation, providing homes in communities people aspire to live in to all 16,000 customers across 9,000 homes in the South West. Operating across the South Gloucestershire and Greater Bristol area. Merlin are a growing organisation with growing ambition and are in a strong financial position to deliver on their vision of being world class by 2020 and are looking for a candidate committed to making this ambition a reality!
This is a broad and important role for the organisation, you will have exceptional business acumen and commercial awareness to add significant value, business partner and build solid relationships across the organisation. This is a highly commercial FP&A position, working closely with the business, in the formulation of financial and development strategies. Lead on the production and reporting of financial plans and provide analysis of statistical information to aid the understanding of the business and inform decision making.
The position offers a great opportunity to have a real impact and a chance to influence the strategic direction of the business and delivery of its community focused objectives.
- Lead the business on the production and reporting of the business plan. Challenge and model the impact of business decisions and ensure that all known material changes to budgets and forecasts are modelled.
- Provide robust stress testing of risks and assist in supporting the Board to formulate mitigation strategies as required.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial planning and related finance reports to the Investment Panel and the Board to enable informed decision making as required.
- Provide financial analysis to inform Financial and Treasury strategies required to support the delivery of Corporate Plan objectives.
- Monitor and maintain up to date bench-marking of Merlin's financial performance and key metrics.
- Provide and develop financial evaluation models for business propositions and opportunities and assist with the preparation of business cases.
- Assist in the periodic review of the Development Strategy to ensure optimal mix of risk and return.
- Provide support to the Head of function and work across the Treasury and Financial Planning team covering key time critical activities.
- Ensure that up to date written procedures and internal controls are maintained and adhered to at all times, and advise the Head of Treasury and Financial Planning of any breach.
- Prepare external reporting returns, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Experience of the preparation of long term financial plans
- Demonstrable evidence of undertaking financial evaluations.
- Experience in writing and presenting to Exec Level stakeholders
- Experience of partnering and collaborating with operational and finance colleagues to deliver business objectives
- Strong Excel skills
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be offered up to £50,000 dependant on experience. The role also includes attractive pension and bonus as well as 25 days holiday, discounted gym membership.
For more information contact Oliver Price on 01179 935400
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead