£38,000.00 - £45,000.00 / annum
6th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
German Speaking Accountant - Bristol
Robert Half are working with a growing SME (launched 5 years ago) who have their European headquarters located in north Bristol. To assist in driving the continued rapid growth of the business in overseeing the German sites, an astute accountant who can speak German is sought to join the team
- Download all bank account(s) activity and completing a bank reconciliation for each bank account
- Analyse all transactions into revenue / expenses / payroll, etc.
- Produce a schedule of all accruals / prepayments and ensuring these reconcile monthly
- Look into VAT payments and ensure all VAT payments are made on a timely basis.
- Analyse all asset purchases, post depreciation journals and produce an asset schedule that reconciles back to the accounts
- Review month end reconciliation for petty cash
- Prepare stock valuations and stock adjustments
- Complete the month end balance sheet reconciliation for review
- Produce monthly balance sheet and profit and loss account with comparison to budget (Including explanations for any variances).
- Update Management Analytics monthly
- Design & check submission to external payroll company.
- Pay all amounts to employees by last working day of the month
- Calculate and record any pension arrangements
- Reconcile payroll creditor balances
- Pay any necessary statutory payments and submitting all returns, including end of year (with support of the external company).
- Liaise with external auditors / relevant tax authorities
- Work closely with the Group Financial Controller
- Work with operational staff to review relevant Standard Operational Procedures and ensure all financial procedures are adhered to.
The desired candidate for this role will have a few of the following:
- SME / small business experience
- Able to be hands on and tackle ad-hoc tasks where required
- Be a positive, proactive character and jovial with surrounding colleagues
- AAT/ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or Qualified by Experience
- Can speak German at a fluent/conversational level - don't need to be a native speaker
Salary & Benefits
- Up to £45,000 basic salary
- Discretionary bonus up to 10%
- Flexible working
- Car parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400