GBP24000 - 26000 / annum
1st May 2019
Robert Half Office team currently have an exciting opportunity for a Grants Manager to join a charitable organisation in Central Bristol.
As Grants Officer you will be an ambassador for the Charity, working to ensure funding requests maximise patient benefit. Reporting the Grants Manager, this role is the primary point of contact for grant applications and grant payments for values between £500-£5000. You will be responsible for scrutinising and processing of incoming grant applications and subsequent expenditure. The post holder must have good attention to detail and work efficiently to ensure paperwork is accurate and adheres to the Charity's policies and procedures. This role requires someone with exceptional interpersonal skills enabling them to build and manage internal and external relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels.
- Be responsible for the grants making process for those with values £500-£5000 so that grant requests are managed and administered accurately and effectively, ensuring high levels of customer care.
- Be responsible for the review and coding of the recharge invoices for associated charitable expenditure awards ensuring that expenditure complies with the terms of the grant awarded, in in line with the Fund Advisors handbook, is within levels approved by the charity and that evidence of expenditure is appropriate.
- Be responsible for following up on outstanding items with both grant applications and associated expenditure, particularly with finance teams.
- Ensure that queries raised are responded to on a timely and efficient basis.
- Ensure that all grants are recorded to respond to both the finance and fundraising data management strategies and processes, ensuring they are recorded on all relevant systems and are processed efficiently.
- Assist with the maintenance of records for all individual funds held, nothing the purpose, any restrictions, ensuring fund advisors are kept up to date and any other relevant details of the fund.
- Assist with the production and distribution of monthly fund transaction reports to Fund Advisors.
- Assist the Grants Manager to ensure commitments are accurately recorded and are reviewed each month
- Work with Fund Advisors regarding any unspent commitments and ensure grants are spent in a time manner.
- Raise VAT exemption certificates for appropriate purchases.
- Assist the Grants Manager with other reports as necessary.
- Accuracy and thoroughness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to interpret complex issues
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise work and meet operation & financial deadlines
- Confident, effective and sensitive communicator able to build effective relationships with a range of people
- Ability to work with people at both the top and front line, engaging effectively and being respectful of the vital roles people play
- Ability to think and communicate clearly under pressure
- Ability to negotiate whilst being diplomatic
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and to apply knowledge to practical scenarios effectively
- Ability to make decisions based on evidence
- Ability to work as part of a team and meet team objectives, as well as having the capability to work on own initiative
- Manges own time and priorities work load accordingly
- Ability to manage systems and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Experience working for charity or a not for profit organisation.
If this role is of interest to you please contact Rachel Shaw at Robert Half Office Team on 0117 993 5454
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400