Head of Human Resources
GBP50,000 - 60,000 / annum
16th February 2018
Robert Half Office Team are currently recruiting exclusively for a Head of Human Resources to join Space Engineering - a fast-growing and highly reputable organisation based in Central Bristol. This is a great opportunity to work for an established business with a unique culture and fantastic team environment.
Space Engineering Services are market leaders in the UK refrigeration sector, delivering highly innovative, integrated engineering solutions, underpinned by a world-class service. They provide end-to-end refrigeration, mechanical and electrical services across the UK and European food retail, food processing and distribution, and non-food sectors. They are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading technology, for which they have received numerous awards and industry accreditations.
A newly created role, the Head of Human Resources will support the Board and Senior Management team in developing and implementing the HR strategy. This is an opportunity for a HR leader with operational and strategic experience to join an exciting business and make an impact at a senior level.
- Design and implement a range of integrated HR strategies, aligned to our business plan, in areas such as employee engagement, manager development, and succession planning and performance management.
- Ensure that senior management understand the HR implications of decisions and strategy and how HR can positively impact on the wider performance of the business.
- Support Heads of Departments in shaping their departments, coaching and guiding them on people considerations as they deliver on their own objectives.
- Work with the Board and Managers across the business to proactively ensure compliance with all aspects of employment law and changes in legalisation.
- Leader for the HR function, supporting and mentoring the existing HR team.
- To develop attraction, engagement, reward, recognition and employee development strategies for the wider leadership team.
- Positively support a team and department in change and innovation.
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate processes and controls - supporting the team to keep documentation up to date.
- Proven experience at Human Resources Manager or 'Head of' level, successfully implementing HR strategies.
- A strong HR generalist with a focus on operational and strategic initiative
- CIPD level 7 or equivalent would be an advantage (but not essential)
- Leadership skills in a complex project organisation are required to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and business sector specific focus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure
- Business Partner with experience of coaching and supporting managers from a range of backgrounds and from Supervisor through to Board level.
- Experience of working with a remote workforce (desirable)
Salary & Benefits
The Head of Human Resources will be paid a salary between £50,000-£60,000 (dependant on experience). Employee benefits include Pension (4.5% matched), Private Medical, Life Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, parking space.
All 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Robert Half as part of the exclusivity agreement
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement