Head of IT
GBP55000 - 60000 / annum
1st March 2019
Head of IT
Robert Half Technology are exclusively working with AMI International on the engagement for an IT Manager.
AMI International are the leading providers of Market Intelligence and Global Industry Specialist Events and Exhibitions.
This vastly expanding business which was originally founded in 1986 and has grown to be the global market leader in Research, Data Intelligence, Publishing and Events within the plastics industry.
The Role: As the Head of IT, you will be responsible for overseeing the IT Helpdesk, Infrastructure, and Application functions. Your role is to ensure all business-critical infrastructure systems, services and applications are; secure, monitored, maintained and available to the business.
- Oversee the IT Helpdesk, Infrastructure manager, Application Manager to ensure all business-critical infrastructure systems, services and applications are secure, monitored and maintained and available to the business.
- Liaise with and manage, IT service providers to ensure that efficient delivery of services.
- Manage and control the operational IT budget.
- Assist in the preparation and enforcement of standard IT policies and procedures.
- Maintain Cyber Essentials recognition and the development of ISO270001.
- Actively seek opportunities to streamline and improve processes.
- Work with other business heads and directors to understand and contribute to the business strategy.
- Maintain a systems strategy and roadmap to enable the technical delivery of the business strategy.
- Ensure that all roadmap developments have a business sponsor who will be responsible for the delivery of the development and its subsequent benefits.
- Provide leadership to the business by promoting tools to drive productivity and efficiency.
- Implement a project delivery capability - ensuring requirements are developed, technology partners managed, business processes re-engineered and benefits captured.
- Develop a roadmap of project delivery ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to a high quality and within cost budgets.
- Work closely with business managers to ensure that they support all change and provide the resources as necessary.
- A commercially focused IT professional.
- An excellent communicator and business influencer.
- The ability to promote technology to the wider business.
- Experience of leading and running projects end to end; including budget control.
- Experience of working on and implementing CRMs and Migrations.
- Website re-development experience and knowledge.
The Company: Based in central Bristol. AMI were founded in 1986 by a group of expert consultants who had decades of experience conducting market research, data reports, and providing intelligence to the global plastics industry.
As a company they have the ability to identify exciting market opportunities, new customers and innovative technologies to help grow your business.
Salary & Benefits: The IT Manager will be offered a salary between £55,000-£60,000 + excellent benefits including 5% matched pension, up to 15% performance related bonus, life insurance, 25days holidays plus bank holidays.
For more information please apply or contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology.
Please note all 3rd party applications will be sent to Robert Half for vetting and screening
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
BS1 2NT 0117 993 5400