Regional HR Advisor
GBP14 - 15 / hour
April 19, 2018
Robert Half Office Team are currently looking for a regional HR advisor for a constuction company who are based in Bristol. The HR Advisor will provide support to Managers across the business. The role will involve travelling to various sites and dealing with employee relations, taking case notes and following the appropriate actions. The Employee Relations Advisor will effectively manage ER caseloads in a proactive and commercial focused manner.
You will need to be immediately available for work as the position is due to start ASAP on an intial 3 month temporary contract. Due to the nature and travel involved in this position you will need your own transport and a Full UK driving licence.
Role and Responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- To manage a broad and varied case load in order to bring those cases to effective conclusion striking the right balance between commercial/reputational risk; the employee experience and ensuring the business "does the right thing" by it's employees (grievance, disciplinary, redundancy, well-being, performance etc)
- To ensure all cases are advised on and managed in line with the company policies and procedures and are managed through to conclusion
- To coach and influence all Managers ensure that decisions are in line with current legislation while remaining commercially aware.
- To identify trends and patterns to assist the ER & Change Implementation Partners with Manager training and other pro-active interventions
- To alert and escalate in a timely manner any high risk cases or non-conformation of process to the Business Unit HRBP or HRD
- To maintain and promote relationships with the wider HR colleagues and teams
- To proactively keep Employment Law knowledge up to date as legislation changes
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- Ability to challenge and influence key decision makers with an assertive and confident approach
- Strong generalist HR background and experience of complex HR issues including redundancies, dismissals, change management, ideally gained within commercial environment
- Experience of working in a diverse and challenging business with the ability to balance commercial and reputational risk whilst ensuring the business "does the right thing" by it's people
- Demonstrable experience in managing high volume Employee Relations cases
- Excellent Employment Legislation knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with people from different levels of the organisation and across the different lines of business
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, SharePoint
- Proficiency in SAP HR and payroll system or another recognised HR database preferred but not essential
- Ability to multi task, work to deadlines, prioritise under pressure and use own initiative
- Excellent team player with the ability to build effective team relationships and promote an environment of trust and flexibility
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Resolution and results driven with a flexible and can-do attitude
- Experience of working within a customer service environment. Risk awareness handling confidential information with due diligence
- Accuracy and attention to detail recording detailed notes in the call logging system and responding to all queries with accurate information
If you feel you have the right skill set for this role please send an up to date CV or call Rachel Shaw at Robert Half Office Team on 0117 993 5454.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement