£30,000.00 - £34,000.00 / annum
22nd October 2019
Global Outsourcing is an exciting, dynamic and fast-growing environment. The firm's clients are typically large organisations that require us to provide a suite of services on a year-round basis. In all cases, there are multiple deliverables occurring on a cyclical basis.
Within their growing team they already have a governance framework and a supporting PMO team working at a variety of levels, along with a senior programme manager leading the team. They are now looking for a junior project manager to further help in transforming their client experience, taking responsibility for the delivery of client projects and overseeing the work of their PMO team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience and ability in project management. Their skill set will mean that the firm's clients and existing team will recognise you as an expert in your field, you will be able to both define new projects and will pick up existing projects, running them autonomously to achieve the goals of the project.
The role will be based in the Bristol office where the successful candidate will be involved in client facing projects across their Global Business Services and Service Charge Accounting service lines.
The key purpose of the role is making sure the right things are done at the right time to ensure project deliverables are met. It includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Take personal responsibility for a small number of specific projects, both client facing and internally focussed
- Planning & managing project schedules to ensure on-time delivery
- Creation and monitoring of budgets
- Identify, allocate and co-ordinate resources to projects
- Direct project support team to ensure necessary project administrative tasks and activities are completed
- Effectively communicate & manage key stakeholders
- Managing risks and issues
- Managing changes to scope / contract / deliverables
- Tracking of deliverables & monitor progress
- Report on project status, risks and escalation, both internally and to clients
- Helping the Senior Project Manager to manage the existing PMO team, acting as role model and working with them to develop skill sets
- Develop strong relationships with clients and be seen as an integral member of the project delivery team
- Champion effective project management across the business
- Strong project management experience in (in order of preference) a Finance environment, Professional Services or Financial Services
- Experience of working in client-facing roles
- Experienced in managing projects both with and without a PMO / Project Office in place
- An excellent communicator, experienced at presenting at a senior level, internally and to clients.
- Excellent understanding of a variety of project management methodologies, preferably including PRINCE2.
- Work alongside senior Project Managers and learning alongside them
- You will hold a recognised project management qualification e.g. PRINCE2 and will have experience in its operation.
Robert Half are recruiting for an exciting Junior Project Manager for an international professional service firm based in central Bristol.
Salary & Benefits
They are offering a salary up to £34,000, plus excellent benefits and flexible working.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400