GBP40000 - 50000 / annum
8th February 2018
Robert Half are delighted to be working with an innovative fast growth retail business in central Bristol. The business currently approaching £1bn and have grown by an average of 61% year on year.
The business is a real market disruptor and have built an impressive reputation while priding themselves on honesty and openness, with a focus on customer service. The business are based in impressive, modern offices next to Temple Quay district next to Temple Meads train station in central Bristol.
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly management accounts including variance analysis on functional level and KPI's;
- Monthly cost centre reviews with 'budget' owners;
- All management accounting journals;
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assisting with the quarterly reforecast cycle (i.e. cost centre reviews, gross margin reforecasting etc.) and assisting the FC with general business modelling;
- Running the audit process;
- Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
The ideal candidate should have a background which reflects some or all of the following elements:
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and who is comfortable proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change;
- Strong presentation, relationship building, negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills with senior stakeholders;
- An excellent project manager as well as a creative thinker. This is a role that calls for both a starter and a coordinator;
- Able to apply analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of finance and to bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues;
- A Big 4 background with excellent technical knowledge.
You should be diligent with a preference for attention to detail, and be willing to dig and investigate at depth to resolve problems. You should also be team-oriented with a demonstrated track record in coaching.
At least 4 years professional experience, including at least a year post qualification experience in a role with significant exposure to energy and technology businesses, either in industry or practice.
Salary & Benefits
£40,000 - £50,000 + bonus
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement