£28000 - 28000 / annum
11th July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Management Accountant £28,000 + study support
Robert Half are working exclusively with a business based in Avonmouth to recruit a Management Accountant into their busy team! This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious studier that is looking to be developed as the exposure received will be invaluable and the FD and FM are renowned for nurturing and training this position. This role would suit someone who is AAT qualified or more - with previous accounts production experience.
Reporting directly into the Finance Manager - you will be responsible for the delivery of up to date, accurate and timely management information; and assisting in the execution of both strategic and operational decision making.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting of figures to senior management.
- Input and validation of monthly management accounts information using parent company software.
- Support the daily requirements of the finance function.
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate and adequate accounting controls
- Analysis and communication of variances to budget holders within the business.
- Process & analyse electronic data to provide management information along with interpretation/commentary in a variety of business areas such as profit by customer, volumes etc.
- Preparation of weekly flash P&L reporting
- To both lead and participate within any 'finance related' projects as required, e.g. introduction of new finance software, financial modelling.
- Prepare Road Division annual budget / reforecast
- Review financial software regularly to ensure accuracy of financial position being reported.
- Preparation of information and handling of any queries related to the annual audit.
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- AAT qualified and/or studying towards an ACCA/CIMA
- Excel skills - pivot tables and vlookups
- Previous month-end experience - accounts prep.
- Positive and ambitious attitude
- Study Support
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- + benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400