Location : Bristol
Post Date : 01 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 469014
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are currently recruiting on behalf of a highly regarded and well established Not For Profit organisation based in North East Bristol (BS16), who are looking for an accomplished Management Accountant to join their organisation.
THE MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- To assist in the preparation of monthly and annual accounts.
- To assist in the preparation of statutory accounts and liaison with External Auditors.
- To update and maintain the chart of accounts ensuring consistency across all systems.
- To manage the sales & purchase ledger functions.
- To manage accruals, prepayments and journal postings.
- To manage and reconcile all balance sheet control accounts.
- To maintain the Fixed Asset register, reconcile and calculate depreciation in accordance with IFRS.
- To prepare and submit the group quarterly VAT return and annual PSA return in accordance with HMRC.
- To manage day to day queries finance related within Central Services and Operations.
- Variance analysis and data manipulation for stakeholders.
- Ongoing Financial systems training to users within Central Service and Operations
- Supporting the Accounting Services Manager, in further on-going developments and improvements to the Finance system.
- To undertake other such duties as appropriate to the level of the post and as directed by the Accounting Services Manager.
THE MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT EXPERINCE
- Substantial experience of using computerised accounting packages, reporting and maintaining the chart of accounts.
- Substantial experience of management within a Finance function (sales & purchase ledger, balance sheet).
- Good experience of statutory reporting, analysis and meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of double entry bookkeeping, debits/credits and journal postings.
- Skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the organisation.
- Working under pressure and adhering to tight deadlines but maintaining high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good experience of building credibility for self and the service by establishing and developing excellent working relationships across the organisation
- Part qualified, CIMA, ACCA, ACA (qualified by experience will also be suitable for this role).
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of VAT reporting and submission.
- Working knowledge of developing, maintaining and reviewing fixed asset reporting.
35 hour working week
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead