Location : Bristol
Post Date : 15 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 469956
Line of Business : Administration
Robert Half Office Team are currently recruiting for an experienced Merchandiser to join an exciting business who are based in the Bath area. This is a great opportunity to work for an established, global business with a friendly company culture. This is a permanent opportunity that is paying £25,000 to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience.
In this role you will be responsible for all seasonal planning and for helping to develop a commercial and balanced range for the customer. You will also ensure all weekly analysis, monthly sales reviews and allocations are carried out to trade the department to deliver on sales, margins and markdowns. You must manage the delivery and shipment deadlines, identifying risk to ensure accurate intake of stock according to plan levels and provide weekly updates on map/intake issues.
- Ensure there is accuracy and suitability of data for range building
- Work closely with buyers to ensure a balanced range plan in line with brand values
- Analyse trading patterns providing a sufficient level of detail to ensure appropriate action is taken to manage unforeseen sales reactions and to identify bestsellers
- Work closely with the management team to define and communicate a clear vision of the future and translate this vision into understandable goals and targets
- Identifies promotional / marketing opportunities for the department and manage this process
- Operate an effective / timely product sign off process, appropriate for product lead-time - "Buying Calendar".
- Develop a sound supply policy for the department, striving for consistent best practice partnerships.
- Foresees future weaknesses / needs and suggests possible solutions
- To manage the seasonal order placement with suppliers to support on time buy
- Raise purchase orders on the system
- Finding opportunities to achieve profit in any situation, trading mentality to support and develop product areas
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure all deadlines are met
- Liaise with offshore suppliers and freight forwarders
- Work with customer services to ensure customer deliveries are on time and in full
- At least 2 years of merchandising experience is essential
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, working with pivot tables, PLM systems and data extraction
- Able to fully utilise the relevant IT support systems, and to be fully conversant with standard business desktop applications
- Previous experience working with high volumes of SKUs
- Ability to manage the business' critical path and launch dates to deliver strong availability and meet the requirements of the marketing calendar and the business
Salary & Benefits
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (DOE) + excellent benefits
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme + Free Life Assurance
- On-site free parking
Our client are an organisation based in the Bath area, and are offering a range of excellent benefits and exciting career progression opportunities, as well as a friendly, up-beat working environment.
If you feel you would be suitable for this role and would like to learn more, please contact Meagan Beeson on 0117993 5400 or email your CV
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead