£300.00 - £500.00 / day
2nd June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working with a well-established business based in North East Bristol who are looking to recruit an Interim Payroll Manager on an initial 3-4 month basis. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Payroll Manager looking for their next interim opportunity, in a fast paced growing business.
Delivering all day-to-day Payroll and payroll-related month-end processes, ensuring controlled processing and payroll accuracy.
- Making sure payroll controls are completed each month including the Net Pay reconciliation, and the Net Pay Comparison and National Living Wage reports.
- Monitoring and actioning key payroll controls across the group, including unauthorised pay elements in the costing reports, and ensuring the team resolve all Balance sheet queries within the deadlines
- Payroll team monthly planning and timetabling, to ensure all tasks required that month are communicated, given to their relevant owner and completed within the deadlines required and to the correct degree of accuracy
- Delivery of group payroll - ensuring the accuracy of the payroll company numbers, ensuring Payroll, PAYE/NI and Payroll deduction payments are made to deadline, ensuring the Payroll, PAYE/NI and Deductions control accounts are reconciled every month across all companies, with full investigation and issue resolution pushed through
- Creating and entering the monthly payroll journal, ensuring it is accurate and delivered to deadline.
- Monitoring and actioning all payroll controls across the group, including unauthorised use of closed or restricted pay elements, accurate CCV on maternity
- Overall responsibility for delivery by the team of the P11D and PSA process, ensuring accurate information is given to deadline to our external provider, and payments are made to HMRC to deadline
- Processing of payments onto the bank for payroll, PAYE & AEO
- For New Acquisitions, ensuring the team follow the payroll providers project plan, and all surgeries are trained and setup in time for their first payroll input
- Monitor manual payments and journals for new surgeries not yet on the company system; ensuring everyone is paid and journals, if required, are processed.
- Ensuring HMRC is informed of all new acquisitions and hive ups in a timely manner
- Ensuring our SLA with our surgeries is delivered on the Payroll Inbox, including ensuring all queries are responded to within 24 hours and all queries are resolved within 3 working days
- Ensuring Practice Managers and Payroll Contacts are reminded of our Payroll deadlines and outstanding submissions are chased down to deadline
- Dealing with surgery queries and ensuring any payroll process issues are picked up and resolved
- Being proactive in issue identification and resolution
- Initiating projects which enable efficiencies and improve processes
- Any other tasks as directed
- Completed CIPP Level 3 (or similar) qualification
- At least 5 years experience in payroll positions
- Experience in managing a team
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Confident of dealing with a high volume workload
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills - including advanced Excel
- A questioning mind, constantly looking for where improvements can be made
- Flexible approach to work
- A strong team ethic
- Experience of Open Accounts would be an advantage
- Interested in studying towards a professional qualification, if not started already
Our client are an established and successful organisation with a Global operation. With continued progression and growth plans, this is an exciting time to be a part of this market leading business. Promoting a culture of collaboration and communication, the organisation welcomes continual ideas for improvements at a micro and macro level.
Salary & Benefits
In return, you can expect a highly competitive day rate, depending on experience.
If this role sounds of interest for yourself or someone you know then please do not hesitate to apply through the link or please give me a call on 0117 9935 400 to discuss this role or any future opportunities.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400