GBP25000 - 30000 / annum
23rd May 2019
Robert Half Office Team are currently recruiting for a Procurement Officer for an Educational Body based in East Bristol. The Procurement Officer will deliver effective and compliant procurement processes and advice, coordinating and administering procurement functions. Working to the Director of Corporate Services and with the Director of Finance, they will ensure that central procurements are delivered in an organised and timely way, involving relevant stakeholders, achieving best value, reducing exposure to risk and improving service delivery to staff and students. They will support successful implementation of procured services.
This is a permanent role.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with key stakeholders within the central team, particularly the Director of Corporate Services and Finance Director, to ensure an effective procurement provision.
- Establish effective and collaborative working relationships with Principals, Academy Operations and Senior Operations Managers and Finance Managers. Be receptive to the procurement needs of individual academies to deliver a shared outcome which benefits all.
- Build and maintain constructive professional relationships with external suppliers and service providers. Be an excellent negotiator, engage clients and ensure service level agreements and contracts are delivered in line with agreed terms.
- Produce reports and other documentation to a high standard. Present often complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensure briefings and presentations are delivered in a confident and professional manner.
- Ensure all relevant internal and external stakeholders are involved/participate in key procurement and negotiation processes to ensure the development of robust and appropriate contracts.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate procurement activities such as tender processes, ensuring that implementation and contract management and considered from the outset.
- Experience in a Procurement environment with practical experience in all aspects of the cycle
- Current practical knowledge of Procurement regulations and related legislation
- An understanding of the specific issues, pitfalls and needs regarding procurement and contract management within the public sector
- Diploma in Procurement and supply
- Able to form and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Possess effective time and task management skills and ability to prioritise work.
- Excellent written and electronic communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
If you are interested in hearing more information about this role, please send an updated CV or call 01179935454.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400