Location : Bristol
Post Date : 06 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 469310
Line of Business : IT
Senior Data Engineer / BI
A leading organisation within the higher education sector requires an experienced BI to work on company critical services, impacting on the wider business and the overall business strategy.
Based from head offices in Stoke Gifford, Bristol. Set within landscaped grounds, with easy access via public transport and offering onsite parking. The role offers flexible working patterns and the autonomy of working within an Agile, Scrum environment.
- To support the Head of Data Management & Design and Principal Engineer (Data) in the delivery of a successful Data Management and Design function, through the provision and application of relevant specialist knowledge.
- Maintains knowledge of appropriate database, business intelligence and integration technologies and provides detailed advice regarding their design, implementation and support.
- Enables the availability, integrity and security of data through the application of formal data structures and protection measures.
- Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Carries out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of databases, business intelligence and integration solutions.
- Provides expertise and support on use of data methods and tools across the function and the business.
- Acts as the routine contact point between organisation and any relevant supplier. Collects and reports on supplier performance data.
- Experience in the delivery of data, database design, implementation and business intelligence to support projects, including data migration and transformation.
- Experience of a range of data technologies including databases, ETL, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Data Integration Technologies.
- Installing/configuring/administering MS SQL Server 2008 or later.
- Microsoft Business Intelligence suite (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data, drafting reports and delivering briefings to others.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to describe complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a range of internal and external partners.
In return you will be offered a salary of £35,000 - £38,000 plus industry leading pension and flexible working.
For more information please contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead