GBP350 - 400 / day
29th April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are currently working with a highly reputable company based in North Bristol in their search for an Systems Accountant. The role will focus on the systems impact on the Finance function, ensuring overall performance optimisation for the business. This role will offer the chance to utilise your previous skills as well as develop a wide variety of others.
Role: Systems Accountant
Pay: £350-£400 per day
Location: North Bristol
Length: 6 months
- Investigating and resolving end user and support team issues.
- Own the development and implementation of system changes for Finance. Ensure any change requests or enhancements relating to our financial systems are thoroughly and systematically evaluated; and that any agreed solutions are punctually delivered.
- Act as interface between areas where issues impacting Finance are highly complex or complicated and require specialist resource or support.
- Manage Users and access rights for Finance, and other administrator related technical activities within the system.
- Ensure SOX compliance is maintained to agreed control frameworks across the system, and any other internal policy requirements or regulatory requirements are understood and operated correctly.
- Provide support and training to all end users. Maintain effective user documentation.
- Coordinate updates for system changes and upgrades.
- Assist with designing system reports and reconciliations for the finance teams.
- Analytical and with ability to work to a high level of accuracy and consistency
- Pragmatic approach and open to new challenges
- Good project management skills with a results oriented outlook
- Highly client oriented, establishing relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
- 5+ year's experience in Systems Accounting or managing Business Intelligence systems
- Demonstrable experience of processes, process documentation and process improvements
- Strong background of working within or alongside Finance Departments, ideally possessing a formal accounting qualification
- Experience of operating within a US SOX compliant environment an advantage
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400