£30,000.00 - £37,000.00 / annum
11th July 2019
Robert Half Office Team are currently recruiting for a Warehouse and Transport Manager to join a packaging and distribution company based in Gloucestershire. The Warehouse manager is responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the storage procedure, from the complicate store logistics, scheduling shifts and ensuring staff are adequately trained.
This is a permanent position.
- Manage warehouse personnel to ensure sufficient levels for daily operations including provision and authorisation of holidays
- Delegate tasks appropriately throughout the warehouse team
- Liaise with supervisors to address any problems within the warehouse as well as discussing improvement opportunities
- Report to Operations Director and attend Management meeting to discuss issues and plan for progress
- Follow up action on any customer complaints involving warehouse personnel or operations
- Plan transport for collaborative consignments/full loads with most suitable hauliers
- Liaise with and advise warehouse admin with regards to reducing transport costs
- Liaise and negotiate with external providers/sub-contractors of products and services i.e pallet supply
- Authorise entry to drivers and visitors will ensuring requirements and policies are adhered too
- Plan the input of all goods received daily
- Maintain input of all transport movements on excel spreadsheets for cross referencing invoices
- Ensure all weekly/fortnight/periodic checks or inspections are completed with records maintained in line with external certification requirements
- Ensure all aspects of H&S are always adhered to
- Experience within Warehouse and Transport backgrounds is essential
- Comfortable with all Microsoft Packages
- Methodical, disciplined and self-driven
- Willingness to learn
- Positive manner and outlook
- Excellent organisational skills - an ability to juggle tasks and deadlines
- Full UK driving licence - due to location of the business.
If you are interested in hearing more information about this role, please send an updated CV or call 01179935454.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400