Location : Bury St. Edmunds
Post Date : 04 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 468700
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are currently working in partnership with a growing manufacturing business based in Mildenhall that are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant.
The Assistant Accountant will report to the Management accountant .
- Monthly financial close - Preparation of general ledger journal entries to record accounting transactions including prepayments and accruals. Monitoring Ledger close of Accounts Payable, Receivable and Cash Book.
- Assist in Preparation of monthly financial documents, account analysis, and carry out monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Accurate maintenance of fixed asset registers including, recording additions / disposals, depreciation entries and reconciliation to the general ledger.
- Overview of Preparation of VAT returns, Instrastat and EC Sales lists.
- Assist in Preparation for annual budget.
- Documentation and monitoring of internal controls and procedures.
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
- Performing the bank reconciliation.
- Supervising the purchase ledger.
- All aspects of assisting with the credit control function and corresponding with customers.
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting as needed.
- Tracking departmental spend and analysing variances as required.
- Assisting with preparation of the year end accounts as required..
- Supporting the Management Accountant with ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to stand in for colleagues when necessary
- Working Knowledge of Financial controls.
Key skills, qualifications and experience
- AAT qualified or equivalent.
- Highly organised person with a "can do" attitude.
- The ability to work independently and give a high level of attention to detail.
- Confident enough to prioritise your own workload and keep to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Up to date with latest government regulations and Financial Reporting Standards.
- Must have good Excel skills and be competent in other Microsoft applications.
- Experience of a small company organisation.
- An individual with a 'hands on' attitude and an intellect to drill in to transactional detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Pro- Active, willing to learn and develop.
Salary and benefits:
Salary sacrifice pension contributions.
A four day working week.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
1 Grafton Mews,
MK9 1FB Milton Keynes