Project Management Accountant
GBP26000 - 28000 / annum
14th February 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are partnering with SA Global for the recruitment of a Project Management Accountant within their fast growth entity based in Ystrad Mynach. Due to expansion the business are looking to relocate to a more central location in the coming months.
About SA Global
SA Global provides Microsoft Dynamics implementation services and industry-specific solutions to customers in over 80 countries worldwide. We're one of the leading global Microsoft partners and every day we help over 250,000 Dynamics users worldwide to deliver operational excellence and financial performance for their organisations.
We're a different kind of consulting company. We're run by consultants not by marketing people or investors. We're agile, committed and capable as we've proven repeatedly for our customers. We are passionate about technology and Microsoft business applications and in the role of Project Management Accountant you will be a key player throughout all aspects of the project/implementation life cycle.
How We Work
- We are nothing without our quality standards and will always favour providing the best outcomes over a rushed job. Our customers are our world and we are committed to their success.
- SA Global is about a culture of collaboration, charged by the innovative ideas and approaches of our team collectively. Ideas are shared, built upon and improved, not trophies to be won.
- We work in a constantly changing industry built on the forefront of new technology. This brings ongoing opportunities to learn, bring world class expertise to our clients and grow as an organisation.
- Reporting to Financial Controller with no direct reports.
- Creation & management of monthly sales invoices including inter-company sales invoices.
- Review of monthly billing transactions.
- Revenue recognition for fixed-price projects.
- Project analysis as part of the month end process; WIP, profitability and budgetary variance
- Project amendments as when required, working closely with our Project Managers to identify them.
- Responsible for data quality for responsible projects.
- Directly support Project Managers in the full Project Life Cycle as and when required mainly related to billing, documentation and expenses.
- Support Project Managers with project set-up in D365 including sales prices, manage Work breakdown structures (Activities), assigning resources and fields for workflow including any other ad hoc project work required.
- Project margin analysis from BI - check actual to budget hour's weekly. Escalate any budget variances to Project Managers and support the Project Managers in explaining any variances. Incorrect timesheet postings.
- Produce project invoice proposal for Project Managers to approve, managing the adjustment process alongside the Project Managers.
- Responsible for reconciling client sales invoices to 'actual' hours showing in BI, compile all expenses to be billed to the customer if the customer requires back-up of the expense entries.
- Interact with a wide variety of customers and stakeholders at all levels of the business, providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Ongoing commitment to continuous professional development; completing relevant development activities in a timely manner when necessary.
- Represent the business professionally and positively at all times.
- Carry out additional, reasonable duties and ad-hoc finance projects as may occur from time to time as instructed by the Financial Controller or members of the Management team.
- Currently employed in a project based accounting role.
- Previous experience working within an international group structure.
- Exposure to inter-company trading and shared service centre model
- Strong Systems skills; experience of ERP systems (Dynamics NAV / AX / 365 is a bonus)
- Adaptable in picking up new systems in a timely manner.
- Hands on in system; ERP and reporting system literate.
- Self-standing and proactive approach to their work.
- If something needs resolution, then takes proactive actions - does not wait to be told.
- Able to prioritise and manage workload
- Engaging and approachable demeanour, with excellent people skills
- Process minded and organised
- Comfortable working within a virtual finance team as transactional processing is off shored.
- Able to work with change - will be upgrading ERP system and standardising group processes and needs to be able to work within that environment and contribute input on group processes.
- Up to £28,000
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- 3% Employee pension contribution, 5% Employer
- Private medical care
- Death in service (4x annual salary)
- Free on site parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
gb 02920 557 300