£25000 - 29000 / annum
1st July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Assistant Accountant - Orwell
Robert Half Cambridge are currently working with a global, expanding healthcare business who are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join their finance team based in Orwell.
Overview of role
Day to day duties of The Assistant Accountant will include but not be limited to:
- Managing the finance email inbox and ensuring queries are answered in a polite and concise manner
- Leading the UK debt chasing
- Processing the weekly BACS run and payments to suppliers
- Processing invoices in an accurate and timely manner
- Bank reconciliations on a daily basis
- Accrual, prepayment and other month-end journals
- Assisting with month end duties, including trial balance, P&L and balance sheet checks
- Preparation and submission of Intrastat, EC Sales and VAT returns
- Assisting with interim and year-end audits
- Various other ad-hoc duties
- Ensure aged debt remains within the set targets
- Prompt payment within terms of supplier invoices
- Accurate and timely preparation of month-end journals and VAT returns
The ideal candidate Profile:
- Minimum part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or AAT level 3
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office experience
- Minimum of 2 year's experience working within a finance team with exposure to the listed responsibilities.
- Great attention to detail, high level of accuracy and excellent communication skills.
- Methodical approach and with a can-do attitude and able to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible, competent attitude and confident in working in fast paced environment.
- Exposure to multicurrency accounting.
- Understanding of VAT regulations and VAT returns
- Understanding of accruals, prepayments, deferred and accrued income.
Salary & Benefits
Role of Assistant Accountant is paying up to 29k plus excellent benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420