£23000 - 26000 / annum
11th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Bookkeeper - Cambridge
Robert Half Cambridge are currently working with one of the UK's most reputable property consultants who are recruiting for a Bookkeeper to join their finance team based in Cambridge.
Overview of role
- Coding supplier invoices, reconciling supplier's statements, entering invoices on the accounting system, paying suppliers by the due date of payment and maximising the use of supplier's credit facilities
- Controlling property/non-property receipts, carrying out banking procedures and processing transactions
- Payment of wages, dealing with PAYE/NI remittances
- Monitoring the property rental system and processing of tenant debtor transactions
- Production of routine and non-routine reports as required
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, originating inter-bank account transfers, monitoring client overdraft/retention levels and expiry dates, maintenance of bank balance report.
- Maintenance of files to the required standard
- Contact/liaison with agents/managers on routine matters as necessary
- On a rota basis, sorting the incoming cheques, identifying the rental receipts and preparing input documentation.
- Daily downloading client bank statements and checking against ledgers.
- Administration duties, such as dealing with post, filing
- Any other ad hoc duties in connection with the above as reasonably required.
Day to day duties of The Bookkeeper will include but not be limited to:
The ideal candidate Profile:
- Previous work experience within an office environment
- Clear understanding of the confidentiality involved in dealing with client accounts
- The technical ability to deal with a range of accounting packages
- Keen attention to detail skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in a bookkeeping role
- Clear understanding of basic accounting principles
Salary & Benefits
Role of Bookkeeper is paying up to 26k plus excellent benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420