£40,000.00 - £45,000.00 / annum
16th July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Finance Business Partner - Cambridge
Robert Half Cambridge are currently working with an ethical non-for-profit organisation who are recruiting for a up to two finance business partners to join their finance team based in central Cambridge.
Overview of role
To support financial operations of the Secretariat around the world to enable it to optimise its resource usage and safeguard its assets. Providing specific support for financial planning, fundraising, systems development and training.
The successful candidate will work in a team of Finance staff, where individual focus areas need to change to adapt to circumstances and changing priorities. This will involve changeable work focus between different geographical areas, different types of work, and being willing and able to provide cover to colleagues.
You would be responsible for:
- Supporting part of the monthly management accounts process (at global and regional level) and providing input in respect of programmes and projects to identify actions needed.
- Ensure project and programme managers with budget responsibilities are supplied with accurate and timely financial information.
- Support the development and compatibility of financial information systems in the UK and international locations.
- Implement and review financial systems and controls for international offices.
- Ensure that financial and administrative affairs are carried out according to legal requirements.
- Support the production of UK statutory accounts and assist with the UK audit process.
- Oversee the audit process for some international offices, especially where project donors require project audits.
- Ensure that reporting requirements to project donors are adhered to through planning, development and monitoring of project reporting systems.
- To provide an internal audit/special assignment function on an adhoc basis to international operations.
- Provide financial management advice and support to a range of Secretariat run projects and programmes.
- Provide financial advice to fundraisers putting together project proposals, particularly in relation to large projects where funds are raised from institutional donors.
- Support in improving financial understanding and awareness of staff members with budget responsibilities.
- Assist the Financial Controller to provide and improve financial and other performance information at an organisational level.
- Provision of appropriate training and mentoring in finance matters to Secretariat staff.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of appropriate financial policies and procedures across the organisation's decentralised operations to adequately manage financial risks.
The ideal candidate Profile:
- Several years of business, financial or other relevant administrative experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and have an appropriate accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, MAAT)
- Have a knowledge of UK company, taxation and ideally charities legislation.
- Good administrative and organisational skills, including prioritisation and working to deadlines.
- Good communication skills, including an aptitude for dealing with staff diplomatically on all levels and of different cultures
- Creativity and initiative for finding variety of approaches to solve problems.
- Good computer literacy including word processing, email, databases with higher expertise in spreadsheets.
- Willingness to travel abroad - up to 4 weeks per year may be required.
- Foreign language skills an advantage
Salary & Benefits
Role of Finance Business Partner is paying up to 45k plus excellent benefits
Contact Oli Campbell at Robert Half for more information on 01223 341 400 or
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420