£100,000.00 - £125,000.00 / annum
10th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Finance Director - Cambridge - Biotech
Robert Half, Cambridge are proud to be working on a retained basis with a start-up, fast growth Biotech business based just South of Cambridge.
The role of Finance Director reports directly into the CEO. The Finance Director forms part of the senior leadership team helping with strategy and vision as the business goes through this exciting period of growth
The Role of Finance Director includes: (but not be limited to)
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting
- Review monthly management accounts under FRS102 on an accurate and timely basis, in a clear and insightful way including KPIs
- Responsible for annual budgets and monthly reforecasts
- Cashflow management, including investment payback forecasting and budgeting
- Control, processing and forecasting of cash in all currencies
- Maintain a financial risk register and ensure appropriate insurance is maintained
- Supervise finance team in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing and payroll
- Management of financial models underpinning the business and forecasting including oversight and the delivery of 1, 2 and 3-year plan
- Finance representative at audit and remuneration committees
- Evaluation of commercial opportunities
- Outwards and Inwards Licensing
- Assistance with company strategic direction, e.g. sectors, markets, risk management, expansion opportunities etc.
- Investor due diligence and shareholder relations
- Treasury, cash management and banking relationship
- Negotiation and sign-off of complex contractual provisions
- Transfer pricing
- R&D Tax credits
- Onwards financing: Venture Debt, Venture Capital, HNWIs, non-dilutive capital
To be considered for the role of Finance Director:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) - Ideally 5 + years post qualified
- Previous experience in biotech or tech IPOs and/or M&A exits.
- Knowledge of commercial and financial analysis, accounting, information systems, internal financial controls, revenue recognition and financing modelling.
Salary & Benefits
The role of Finance Director is paying up to £125,000 (total package)
Please contact John Mclaughlin on 01223 341400 to discuss further
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420