£15.00 - £22.00 / hour
21st August 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Cambridge are delighted to be assisting an exciting, fast growth technology business in Cambridge in their search for an Interim Management Accountant on a 3-6 month contract. The ideal candidate will be available at short notice and can be either part-qualified or QBE.
The management accountant will play a critical part in maintaining robust financial controls, systems and processes in order to deliver the accurate, high quality production of UK entity management information. The role will be expected to drive continuous improvement for all reporting initiatives, whilst strengthening monthly financial reporting.
- Ensure the provision of high quality financial and management information and reports that allow for improved decision-making and performance tracking, and which comply with local, Group and statutory reporting needs and accounting policies;
- Preparation of UK Entity Monthly Management Accounts to tight deadlines
- Monthly calculation and management of prepayments, accruals, fixed assets and other control accounts
- Ensuring correct allocation of costs between brands, consist with financial budgets.
- Analyse and report on trends, variances and performance issues
- Assist in producing the Group annual and interim reports and statutory accounts, ensuring compliance with all financial reporting, corporate governance and statutory requirements.
- Play a key role in preparing for the year-end audit
- Assist in the preparation of the Daily / weekly sales report
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the provision of finance and decision support to the business stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with finance team to drive change and improvements to processes.
- Monthly VAT returns and Intrastat submissions
- Ad-hoc project work
The role requires an enthusiastic person who is looking to immerse themselves in a complex business and integrate into a team atmosphere. They would be motivated by delivering high quality information, adding value and finding improvements in the current processes.
- Ability to communicate with Senior Managers
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
- ERP experience is a significant advantage
- Strong commitment to personal and technical development
If you are interested in this role please contact Calum Forster on 01223 341400
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420