£30000 - 31000 / annum
14th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Payroll Assistant - Duxford
Robert Half Cambridge are currently working with a Global leader in composites technology who are recruiting for a Payroll Assistant to join their finance team based in Duxford.
Overview of role
Day to day duties of The Payroll Assistant will include but not be limited to:
- The delivery of payroll support and administration, providing a consistent and accurate payroll service to all UK employees, including yearend payroll procedures, auto enrolment administration etc
- Ensure that all relevant information is entered and that the local information systems are accurate and kept up to date in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all statutory reporting and documentation is completed to the highest standards within legislated deadlines
- Process and communicate changes to pay and job details to the relevant departments and line managers where appropriate.
- Identify queries that require specialist advice and escalate where appropriate.
- Understand and accurately interpret company pay related policies and procedures, including company car administration, pension schemes, shares, bonus schemes
- Provide a first point of contact for payroll related queries, ensuring all advice, support and administration is complaint with UK employment legislation and Company policies.
- Keep up to date with Pay/HR/Time and Attendance system implementations and changes, playing an active part in user groups as required.
- Be responsible for the recording of absence e.g. sick leave, maternity, special leave, reporting to the payroll bureau and produce appropriate statistics and management information required by client group.
- Liaise with external agencies in relation to expatriate payroll administration.
- Administer pay related records for temps/contractors
- Administer, issue and monitor Photo ID cards
The job holder will be responsible for the timely and accurate submission of all pay related documentation and reporting for the client base.
Update and control of pay related calendar of events to ensure regular features such as salary reviews, share scheme, bonus payments are prepared for and administered to deadlines.
Ability to cover HR data base and Payroll data base administration relating to new starters, leavers, etc
The ideal candidate Profile:
- Good, relevant level of experience within a multiple site payroll function. A recognised payroll qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience of administering payroll related pension information, shares and share options policies and procedures, private medical etc.
- Up to date knowledge of payroll practices and able to provide suitable solutions bases on information available
- Strong systems/IT skills e.g. Payroll and HR databases, Microsoft Office, in particular Excel including pivot tables
- Excellent attention to detail, and communication skills, able to deal with employees at all levels of the organisation, and explain complex payroll issues clearly
- Able to work on own initiative and work well under pressure, whilst delivering excellent service to employees and external agencies.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and integrity at all times.
Salary & Benefits
Role of Payroll Assistant is paying up to 31k plus excellent benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420