£30,000.00 - £35,000.00 / annum
27th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
Interim Compliance Auditor - Law Firm - 4 month FTC
One of the longest standing law firms in the UK is hiring for an Interim Compliance Auditor to join the Compliance team. The firm has recently acquired another business and is now looking for assisting with the onboarding and implementation process of the new firm.
Job Title: Compliance Auditor
Industry: Law Firm
Location: Cambridge, Colchester, Chelmsford
Package: £35k (pro rata)
Main purpose of the job
To support the Director of Quality & Compliance in managing several changes which are driven by our strategic objectives, regulatory changes and client demands.
The Quality & Compliance team is composed of 3 separate, but inextricably linked departments: Risk & Compliance, Learning & Development and Project Management.
- Support the project to integrate newly merged firm to prepare for assessment to achieve Lexcel, a commercially advantageous accreditation. Lexcel is the Law Society's international accreditation for excellence in practice management and client care.
- Carry out audits and come up with practicable solutions in consultation with the newly merged firm.
- Administer timely and comprehensive reporting.
- Carry out gap analysis.
- Coordinate the smooth integration of systems and working practices.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with other support functions including wider Q&C team, IT, HR, Business Development and Accounts.
- Be proactive in finding efficiencies and improvements to our working practices.
Key Competencies & Behaviours
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with compliance and risk management issues
- Ability to communicate proactively and provide regular, comprehensive and timely updates.
- Exercise good professional judgement, tact and diplomacy.
- Agile and highly adaptive to change. Able to respond to changing priorities and demands.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent customer service and responding quickly to requests.
- Proactive attitude with a high degree of self-management and initiative. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong team work ethic and robust networker with ability to build constructive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900