Chief Digital Officer
GBP98270 / annum
January 9, 2018
Chief Digital Officer, Cardiff, £98,270
Robert Half Technology have partnered exclusively with Cardiff City Council to appoint a Chief Digital Officer, to help deliver its Capital Ambition and make Cardiff a leading smart city as part of their Digital First approach to providing digital, 24/7 access to Council services.
Cardiff is one of the fastest growing Cities in the UK and a hub for digital technology and innovation. These technologies have the potential to transform the way that the people of Cardiff and visitors experience the city.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual who has a deep understanding of how technology can be used and developed to make government, public services and decision making better. You will be a powerful advocate for technology and have the communication and diplomatic skills to convene and influence a wide range of external stakeholders.
- To take lead responsibility for the governance and development of the digital strategy and framework, and execution of strategic objectives and the delivery of business value.
- Develop the Council's digital vision and Smart City agenda by planning, developing and advising Cabinet Members on decisions that support the evolution and increased use of digital services, platforms and data intelligence, through working with partners in the City.
- Proactively support effective decision making regarding IT architectural choices and drive architectural clarity from IT that supports the overall digital strategy.
- Facilitate the changes required that will support the use of digital solutions to gain maximum value for the business while minimising disruptive impacts.
- Advise and lead the digital strategy formulation process for the Council to ensure the alignment with strategic objectives and the delivery of best in class service
- Leading, Creating and Delivering Digital strategy
- A strong track record in the disciplines of Enterprise Architecture and Business Change Management
- Experience of identifying and delivering innovative solutions to city challenges at a senior level, whether in the technology sector or in government
- Demonstrable experience of technology disruption, enablement and innovation
- Experience of leadership in design, run and build teams at Director and C-Suite level
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to take ownership of a large scale transformation in a high profile role. For further information, please contact Resh Makey at Robert Half Technology on 01179 935400.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement