GBP35000 - 45000 / annum
1st May 2019
To drive forward the project management office and support the delivery of change across the organisation. The project manager will play a key role in the Strategic Change programme, managing projects and setting up the project management office function.
The role will cover all aspects of project management, from discovery and feasibility; delivery and execution of change; PMO process set up; to stakeholder management and governance across a global community.
The project manager will lead through collaboration, bringing people together to deliver agreed project objectives whilst monitoring progress through best practice and strong communication.
- Understand the business strategy and organisation's goals, and how projects contribute to the overall Change plan
- Initiate projects by capturing the project brief, goals and objectives and clarify requirements from stakeholders
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business. Create comprehensive project plans, budgets and schedules
- Assemble and lead project teams
- Plan project resources, budgets and facilitate time management
- Drive scope and organise the execution of change and deliverables
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Monitor and track project progress, budget and performance against objectives
- Manage project risks, issues and dependencies
- Manage project closure, transition to business as usual and post implementation reviews
- Manage the project and programme communications and reporting
- Embed best practice project management methods and tools to enable successful delivery
- Deliver change through project leadership, collaboration and bringing order to chaos where required
- Collaborate with global PMO to deliver an aligned methodology and PMO processes
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Deliver exec level reporting and dashboards for the portfolio of change
- Forward plan up and coming work understanding the level of effort required, teams impacted, dependencies and scheduling
- Experienced in project delivery and setting up a new PMO
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Able to lead a cross functional team and deliver change through collaboration
- Passionate about introducing structure whilst maintaining an agile approach in a dynamic environment
- Solution focused, actively seeks to resolve project challenges
- Attention to detail and commitment to follow through on every action
- Familiar with Agile delivery approach and waterfall project methodology
- Prince 2 or APM qualified. Tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; CA Clarity PPM, Wrike
Robert Half Technology are recruiting for a Project Manager a fast growth distribution company in Castle Carey.
Salary & Benefits
The Project Manager will be offered a salary between £35,000 - £45,000 plus excellent benefits, and flexible working to offer a great work-life balance.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400