£45,000.00 - £65,000.00 / annum
1st November 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are proud to be partnering with Ontic Engineering & Manufacturing in their recruitment of a Group Treasury & Tax Manager on a permanent basis.
Ontic are a globally well-established business with more than 45 years' experience in providing OEM-pedigree parts and specialised maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. This is a great opportunity to join Ontic within a period of significant change and a chance for value add in business processes and future growth.
Due to the development and implementation aspects of the role, having both a technical and commercial understanding is vital. Offices are based in Cheltenham, making them comfortably accessible from both Bristol and Birmingham.
- Account for all Treasury transactions and the Group's treasury companies, under both UK GAAP and IFRS, in an accurate, compliant and timely manner, including managing the hedging requirements for UK entity and ensuring that they are tax matched from a foreign currency perspective.
- Produce comprehensive management information to enable proper independent oversight of actual and forecast positions on a monthly basis.
- Contribute to the development of systems, processes and policies and participate in project work and responsible for aspects of the implementation.
- Contribute to functional currency change project it the UK, providing guidance and technical advice.
- Working with Tax Providers, ensure processes are in place to manage UK exposure to tax due to FX movements.
- Working closely with Tax Providers to produce relevant tax notes within UK GAAP and IFRS statutory requirements
- Produce certain accounts to UK GAAP and IFRS requirements in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of processes to evaluate current and future financial positions related to Treasury Accounting, communicating with, Tax, Treasury to determine consequences and alternative actions.
- Evaluate accounting implications of proposed Treasury, Tax and other ad hoc transactions.
- ACA/ACCA qualified, with 3+ year PQE. Big4 Trained would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable skill at providing technical IFRS accounting advice.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the commercial aspects of the business and have worked within an international, complex business environment supporting senior management decision making beyond finance.
- Adept at stakeholder management and communication (both written and verbal).
- Ability to simplify complex commercial information to a variety of senior management and stakeholders
- Personality fit is key; we are seeking an upper quartile candidate who is both technically and commercially able to take on the role, but equally important is the ability to fit within a fast moving, demanding, complex and constantly evolving business
- Delivery and results orientation
- Fosters an environment of innovation
- Engages in an environment of positive change
For more information, please call Jamie on 01179 935 444. To apply, please e-mail your CV
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400