BI Cognos Consultant (Cognos)
Location : Chessington
Post Date : 14 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 467935
Line of Business : IT
BI Cognos Consultant
A large powerhouse in the global retail markets is searching for a BI COGNOS Consultant to join its growing in IT Team of 100 people.
About the job:
The job holder will work with the IT Design team and business owners of these applications to define and document requirements for enhancements to these applications, at both project and small change level. They will also ensure that the evolution of the application is aligned with company strategy.
The job holder will work with Release Management, Development, Testing and IT teams to ensure Releases are deployed into managed environments with minimal business impact.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring sufficient documentation and knowledge transfer is provided to IT teams to enable a smooth transition of support from the development teams.
The job holder will work closely with the IT team to ensure root causes of incidents are understood and takes ownership of the Problem Management process to ensure corrective action is taken to prevent recurrence.
The job holder will be responsible for the application roadmap to ensure underlying application problems, projects, small change and upgrades are clearly planned alongside other IT application changes working with other Application Analyst.
The jobholder will be required to provide an escalation point outside of office hours on a rota basis.
The following experience and skills are required:
- In-depth knowledge of Cognos reporting suites and BI Projects. (Cognos IA)
- Excellent business analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in the full project development lifecycle.
- Outstanding sense of service and natural easiness for integrating a team.
- Ability to lead and mentor less experienced team members
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and high ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Good experience data warehousing methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge in Business Analysis
- Knowledge of TM1 cube reporting and TM1 Reporting
excellent benefits on offer
On site free car parking
25 days holidays
Free training and self-development courses
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
32 London Bridge Street
SE1 9SG London