Financial Controller - Europe
GBP50000 - 55000 / annum
1st February 2018
Robert Half are delighted to be working as a Retained Partner with Crane Merchandising Systems Limited to recruit a Financial Controller - Europe to join their Finance Team based in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
Following recent internal movements, the business has a requirement for a Financial Controller based within head office.
This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious chartered accountant to move into a forward thinking and growing company with the view to moving into a Financial Director role in the future.
The role will report to the Financial Director, they are looking for an energetic Financial Controller, to undertake all aspects of Financial Management, including, corporate accounting, regulatory and management reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as implementation of internal control policies and procedures and overseeing financial operations. Strengthening the Finance Department in the area of financial accounting and controllership and driving the department and organisations overall strategies
To provide commercially astute analysis and insight to other areas of the business, leading to continuous improvement in business KPI's. To also continually develop financial processes and systems to eliminate waste.
Initially, the individual will focus on the implementation of a new ERP system, working alongside other core team members.
This position would be ideal for those aspiring to Financial Director level.
Internal Controls & Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with Crane Co governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Collaborate with Internal Audit to ensure proper compliance.
- Develop and document local business processes and accounting policies to demonstrate compliance with internal control requirements.
- Promote Internal Control across all areas of the business.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings as required
Forecasting and Planning:
- Prepare weekly and quarterly business forecasts and projections
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Operating Plan
- Work with stakeholders to generate budgets and plans consistent with the businesses strategic plan.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded in the ledgers.
- Co-ordinate the monthly close out leading to the timely submission of financial results to Corporate.
- Complete monthly management reports to identify results, variances and trends.
- Interpret results and work with budget holders on improvement activities.
- Improve the Management Information supplied to site management
- Production of yearly Statutory Accounts
- Liaising with external audit
- Corporation Tax, PAYE and VAT returns
- Maintain the product costing system
- Analyse product margins, and identify areas of improvement. Work with stakeholders to implement ideas.
- Hold regular meetings with budget holders to discuss financial performance and ideas to improve
- During the first year of employment you will be seconded to the business ERP Project as a core team member charged with successful go-live of the project.
- Train and develop team members in the new ERP system to eliminate non-value-adding activities.
- Monitor and evaluate system performance and driving improvements were needed
- Administrate the company's online banking package
3 to 5 years PQE: CIMA, ACA qualified
Prior experience working in a European operation of a global corporation desired
Bachelor's degree in accounting, Business, Economics, Finance
Crane Merchandising Systems is the leading global manufacturer of innovative solutions for vending machines, cashless systems, software and wireless communications.
With a rich history spanning more than 80 years, the Crane Merchandising Systems name has become synonymous with vending durability and reliability. As a pioneer of vending, they continually seek out new ways to enhance how operators and consumers interact with their vending machines.
With over 11,000 employees working together across 26 countries, Crane generated 2015 net sales of $2.7 billion. They are dedicated to integrity and honest dealings in all that they do.
Salary & Benefits
£50k + (dependent on experience) + Benefits
For more details please get in contact with Anneka Wilkins on 01793 571900 or by the close of play Monday 5th February.
Please note that all 3rd party applications will be sent to Robert Half
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement