Hotel Financial Controller
GBP40000 - 45000 / annum
5th December 2017
Robert Half is proud to be partnering with Heythrop Park Resort to recruit A Financial Controller for their finance department based at this high end luxury resort in Chipping Norton.
This role will offer a salary of up to £45,000 per annum plus benefits.
Heythrop Park Resort has undergone some exciting times since opening its doors in 1999. The 197 bedroom Crowne Plaza hotel which opened in October 2010 now sits alongside the 18th century Heythrop Park Hotel with 161 bedrooms which has recently had a 63 bedroom refurbishment together with a refurbishment of its main conference room and training wing.
Heythrop Park Resort is a unique and luxury venue set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire Countryside dating back to 1710 this quintessential English country estate seamlessly combines elegance with style and boasts two individual hotels: the elegant Heythrop Park Hotel and the stylish Crowne Plaza Hotel. The Resort also offers a championship 18 hole standard golf course, health club & spa together with state of the art conference facilities.
Heythrop Park Resort is seeking a Financial Controller to manage and take full responsibility of the finance function and control. This role will suit an experienced Hotel Assistant Financial Controller or a Financial Controller from a hotel background that is looking to progress into the Financial Controller position at a big property like Heythrop Park Resort.
Within this position you will be responsible for managing the existing finance team comprising of six members, ensuring that all financial controls and procedures are in place and delivered according to the group standards.
Alongside this you would also control the bank accounts, revenue audit and ledger maintenance ensuring period end reports and balance sheet reconciliations are completed on time. The successful candidate will also oversee the payroll function ensuring payroll and associated reports are processed on time including year-end payroll and P11D's
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure revenue reports are completed and journals are correct
- The banking to be checked daily and discrepancies are noted and corrected
- Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger are maintained in accordance to company policies, procedures and guidelines
- The Suppliers are paid on time and the payment run reaches the Head Office function according to set time scales
- The payroll function for the company is managed completely and payroll/reports are processed on time with all working hours presented to be verified and reviewed
- The petty cash and floats are managed and controlled alongside the web portals
- Review and submit accurate Management Accounts for relevant financial periods
- Review and submit Balance Sheet reconciliations
- VAT account to be reconciled and VAT returns are submitted for payment to be made on time
- Weekly forecasting with Revenue Manager and Regional Financial Controller
- Cost control and analysis
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Qualified or Part Qualified accountant CIMA, ACCA or HOSPA, other similar accounting qualification or Qualified by Experience
- Proven track record within the hotel industry
- Experience of Opera and Micros preferable
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups)
- Experience of Sage 200 preferable
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement