£27,000.00 - £30,000.00 / annum
24th July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is working in an exclusive partnership with Wise Investments to recruit a Senior Finance Assistant to join their rapidly growing team based in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire. As part of an employee owned, independent investment company, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking business that certainly puts the wellbeing and productivity of its staff at the forefront of each decision.
This exciting role offers a salary between £27,000 - £30,000 per annum plus 29 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas week), a 35-hour working week and an exceptional office environment. Wise Investments is employee owned with all staff members qualifying for a profit share after a full year of permanent employment.
Shared spaces have been developed on site such as; a wellbeing room & staff room which are available for staff activities such as complimentary massages, reflexology, Yoga, Bootcamp and Christmas wreath making to name a few.
Who Are Wise Investments?
Wise Investments was established in 1992 and is an independent wealth management and financial planning business. It is part of The Oak Investment Partnership Limited which has 3 subsidiaries; Wise Investments Ltd, Wise Funds Ltd and Evenlode Investment Management Ltd, both of which are fund management businesses.
The position of Senior Finance Assistant will be within Wise Investments Ltd working in the Finance Team which comprises of four, of which work across all the companies within The Oak Investment Partnership.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts; Balance sheet and Profit & Loss
- Maintaining fixed assets register
- Accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns - Group registration
- Corporation tax
- Assisting with monthly payroll; processing key information, P11D'd, P45's, P60's
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing expenses, benefits and PAYE settlement agreements
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a similar role; exposure to management accounts preparation is key
- Ideally AAT qualified or Qualified by Experience considered
- Ability to plan, make decisions and take ownership of tasks as per the Finance Manager remit as necessary
- Team Orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- Experience using Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll would be advantageous
- Competent user of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word predominantly
- HR experience would be advantageous
Salary & Benefits
- £27,000 - £30,000 per annum
- Pension scheme (5% of basic salary)
- 29 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas week)
- Individual training budget
- Private medical
- Income protection
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
SwindonSuite B, Ground Flr,
The Stella Building,
Whitehill Way, Swindon
gb 01793 571900