City of London
24th July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are exclusively partnering with a city based, market leading service provider that specialises within the alternative assets market on a global scale. Their products and services span the following asset classes: private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, private debt, natural resources and secondaries.
Due to strategic growth plans our client is looking to hire an Assistant Accountant with a minimum of 3 years' experience. This Assistant Accountant role will be reporting directly into the Finance Operations Manager essentially acting as their no.2, the successful candidate will be heavily involved within compliance on a global scale. The successful Assistant Accountant will hold extensive experience within UK VAT & corporate tax, trial balance analysis for the P&L.
Within the role there will be opportunities to get involved in projects and collaborating with the wider business.
The Assistant Accountant responsibilities will include:
- Manage all Statutory returns for the Group. - Corporation Tax, VAT, GST, US Sales Tax.
- Manage Avalara (US Platform that calculates US state tax returns).
- Create monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations per entity.
- Create annual audit packs for all entities in the Group.
- Analyse and correct the TB if needed.
- P11d submissions.
- Set up new company registrations (Globally)
- Other ad-hoc
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualification
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Intermediate Excel skills (VLOOKUPS, pivot tables, IF statements)
- Ability to build strong and constructive working relationships across a business
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to make informed decisions
- Communicate confidently and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Work to tight deadlines
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Multi-currency experience
- Strong statutory reporting experience
- Great team player
- Experience of working with an ERP system (desirable)
- Working for a recurring revenue business with a large customer base (desirable)
- Quarterly performance incentive bonus and annual profit-sharing bonus.
- Employee shareholding scheme.
- A pension plan under auto-enrolment. After one year of service, the company will enhance employer contributions to match on a one-for-one basis up to 10% of annual salary.
- Study support for those undertaking financial or professional qualifications.
- Season ticket and bike loan scheme.
- Company-sponsored social and volunteering events.
- 25 days annual leave in addition to 8 public holidays.
- Free access to a gym and swimming pool in the office building.
- Discounted sports activities including football, Golf, and Yoga.
In addition to the above, this Assistant Accountant role will offer the opportunity to travel to the US /Asia to meet and liaise with these arms of the business. They are enjoying tremendous year on year growth and are continuing to expand geographically with their next offices opening in Tokyo, Chicago and then Dubai. This is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing business!
Location wise they are based in stunning offices on the Thames with fantastic views across the river, access to a gym and pool which is subsidised. They have a decent work life balance with regular social events such as summer parties.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900