Compliance Monitoring Analyst - Challenger Bank
City of London
March 1, 2018
Challenger banks are vibrant, diverse and innovative business's emerging in the UK who are starting to put pressure on the high street banks by offering new ways we finance.
With recent regulatory changes, monitoring has been a focus area for many financial services firms. The client Robert Half Risk & Compliance are helping, are looking for an experienced compliance monitoring analyst from an asset finance or retail banking environment.
The company has recently been authorised by the FCA as a bank. The transformation from a traditional finance provider to a small specialist bank is an exciting development for all stakeholders, with a broader appeal to a wider customer base and a flexibility and financial capability to offer new products and enter new markets.
Based in the City, I'm looking to find a new Compliance Monitoring Analyst for the bank, with 5 years monitoring or policy experience in an FCA regulated company.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Determine scope and approach of monitoring, testing and surveillance reviews.
- Conduct fieldwork in line with the agreed test programme and adequately document tests and findings.
- Develop recommendations for corrective action.
- Write reports that present review results, articulate the rationale for findings, the risks posed and actions required to address those risks.
- Continue to educate the business on the role of the Compliance team.
- Support the Head of Risk and Compliance in researching and understanding changes to the legal and regulatory financial services regime that are pertinent to the Bank.
- Review and maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assisting in company secretarial duties with respect to committees and papers.
- Provide advisory with respect to compliance matters.
- Support the delivery of Compliance Training to the business, including senior management.
- Support ad hoc compliance and regulatory projects as necessary.
- Provide support to the MLRO with respect to managing SARs, fraud investigations, PEPs & sanctions screening, and CDD/AML monitoring reviews, within the second line function.
- Provide support to the DPO with respect to GDPR monitoring and reporting within the second line.
- Assist with reviews, reports, metrics, and enhancements with respect to TCF and Conduct Risk.
- Work closely with legal and documentation functions and other colleagues as required.
- Support coaching of other compliance staff.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree level education.
- A minimum of 5 years' asset finance or retail banking experience.
- Monitoring or policy experience in COBS/BCOBS/SYSC/CONC/DISP.
- Thorough understating of arrears, defaults, recovery, forbearance, responsible lending, TCF, and complaints handling.
- Good understanding of conduct risks.
- Some understanding of financial crime risks.
- Good understanding of regulations and risks affecting the Bank.
- Working knowledge of financial regulation in relation to FCA handbooks.
- Ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Ability to balance regulatory and conduct risks with the needs of a commercial organisation, while maintaining a clear level of independence and challenge.
- Strong organisational and effective time management skills.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills.
- Recent experience of delivering compliance monitoring within a lending or retail banking environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret various laws, regulations, and policies.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team with minimum direction.
- Ability to develop good working relations with key stakeholders.
Salary is up to £50,000 depending on experience.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement