£35,000.00 - £40,000.00 / annum
City of London
2nd October 2019
Desktop Support Analyst - Investment Management - City of London (EC3N)
We are a leading & growing pensions Investments business managing over £50 billion and investing that in long term low risk investment strategies. We are fully regulated by the FCA and headquartered in the City of London.
We've now got an exciting opportunity to bring on board a Desktop Support Analyst to join our IT Department. The successful candidate will support our internal userbase on a 2nd line basis and will also manage our IT vendors, this role will grow into a technical Service Delivery Manager for the right person!
If you're looking for a position with progression and learning whilst still keeping your hands on technical skills then look no further!
The Desktop Support Analyst reports to the Head of Technology and is responsible for providing deskside assistance to internal employees. Network and desktop services are provided by a 3rd party vendor who also operate the first line service desk. The DSA will be responsible for providing an onsite point of contact for 3rd parties and providing assistance with IT related issues. In addition, the candidate will assist with the development and maintenance of the existing CRM site.
- Expert knowledge and working experience of Windows and O365 and associated applications
- Provide onsite desktop support and remote hands support
- Responsible for following ITIL processes focussing on Incident and Change Management
- Responsible for ensuring the 3rd Party vendors and the business adhere to the underpinning IT processes
- The DSA is the 2nd point of contact for the business and 3rd parties from a network and desktop perspective
- Expert SharePoint administration skills would be highly beneficial
- Triage Incidents to ensure the correct technology group are engaged and co-ordinate if multiple technology groups are involved
- Responsible for testing technology changes ensuring technology is available for the next working day
- Responsible for escalation to the Service Integration Manager high priority incidents and issues
- Responsible for coordinating Priority 1 network incidents
- Responsible for O365 license management
- Assist with Audit reviews. Providing evidence and ensuring throughout the year technology remains auditable
- Have good knowledge of technology security and the ability to identify breaches
Required Skills/ Experiences
- An IT technical background with an understanding of technical terms
- Experience of Service Management applications ideally
- Dealing with 3rd party's
- Microsoft 2nd Line Desktop support background
- A positive and professional attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage workload appropriately
Location - City of London
Salary - £35,000 - £42,000 + Good Bonus & Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900