£130,000.00 - £180,000.00 / annum
City of London
14th August 2019
Accounting and Finance
European Head of Audit - Insurance
An opportunity has arisen for a European Head of Audit to lead the team of this market leading International Insurance Firm in London. Leading a team of 15, the European Head of Audit will receive an attractive starting salary alongside a competitive benefits package.
Job Title: European Head of Audit
Industry: International Insurance Firm
Salary: £130,000 - £180,000
- The HIA will design a risk based internal audit plan for the firm's entities and will deliver these plans in a professional manner to the satisfaction of the appropriate Audit Committees and accordance with relevant standards (e.g., COSO Framework, Institute of Internal Auditor standards) and regulations, while considering best practices.
- The HIA will ensure the internal audit planning framework incorporates a comprehensive internal control environment spanning the financial, legal and regulatory, risk management and governance obligations across the entities.
- The HIA will be responsible to lead the design assessment of SOX controls and testing effectiveness related to the firm.
- The HIA will manage and develop an internal audit team based in Europe.
- The HIA will make significant contributions towards the adequacy and application of the Anti -Fraud framework operating within the entities.
- The HIA will provide updates to both the Management Team and the Board of Directors on the company's system of internal controls, the implementation status of significant audit recommendations, and investigations into potential fraudulent activity.
- Effective Written and Oral Communication - able to express oneself clearly in written and verbal form.
- Leadership - clear ability to lead from the front and be a strong mentor for reports
- Listening Skills - ability to listen to an instruction and appropriately interpret and execute as necessary.
- Attention to detail - total task accomplishments through concern for all areas involved.
- Time Management - capable of effectively managing one's own time.
- Strong Organisational Skills - ability to manage one's own work effectively and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Teamwork - ability and desire to work cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Building Collaborative Relationships - being able to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with stakeholders.
- Confidence - a confident individual who is comfortable working at all levels in an organisation.
The Successful European Head of Audit will receive a competitive starting salary of £130,000 - £180,000 depending on experience. You will also receive an attractive benefits package including pension contributions and discretionary bonus. You will also have the added benefit of becoming the European Head of Audit for a highly reputable International Insurance firm. APPLY NOW for more details on how this could be the next best move for you.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900