Finance Business Analyst
GBP55000 - 65000 / annum
City of London
1st March 2018
ROBERT HALF FINANCIAL SERVICES ARE RECRUITING FOR A QUALIFIED FINANCE BUSINESS ANALYST TO JOIN A LEADING BROKERAGE HOUSE IN THE CITY OF LONDON
About the role/ team
- The firm has been around for 30 years, they have 10 offices globally and over 500 employee's, meaning that no role in the firm is silo-ed and there is huge opportunity to mover around the business, once you become an established member of the team.
- This role sits in a team of 4 other qualified accountant's.
- This role has a focus on analysing daily the drivers of the trading profit and loss and looking at all the elements that make up the profit and loss.
- You will be involved in building a new innovative calculation for bonuses on the desk so you eventually spend more time analysing and less time doing.
- The successful candidate will gain exposure to senior people within the firm.
- Within 18 months/ 2 years there will be opportunity to step up to take current line managers role and they in turn step up.
- Need someone who wants to take ownership of tasks, get involved in process improvements,
- Looking for a candidate to go the extra mile, get noticed within the firm and progress their career
- Commercial acumen is needed as a proportion of the role is core analysis / due diligence direct to board members within this brokerage house along with ad hoc projects and to improve processes and drive change within the Group.
Preparation, analysis and reporting of daily P&L including value added commentary as required
Liaise with relevant desk heads for daily P&L and business reporting requirements
Liaison with desks, middle office and back office to resolve trade and P&L exceptions
Prepare monthly bonus calculations for relevant profit centers
Manage the month end close process and thereby ensuring the integrity of the financials
Get bonus pay-out sheets signed off and submitted to HR by payroll cut-off date
Conduct balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation in line with the Finance department standards
Monitor and control direct cost of your desks
Ensure revenues and costs of your desks are booked into the right legal entity
- To be successful in this Finance Business Analyst role you will be a qualified accountant with prior experience working in an FCA regulated , fast paced enviroment.
- You will have a strong understanding of management and financial accounts and be looking to push your career to the next step in a more analytical position.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement