GBP60000 - 80000 / annum
City of London
February 1, 2018
Robert Half Financial Services are recruiting for a qualified Financial/Tax Accountant to join a high performing employee owned hedge fund based in Mayfair.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity for a qualified accountant with 2 years+ post qualified experience. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated individual with strong technical knowledge of both financial accounting and taxation.
About the firm
- The firm, which was founded 15 years ago after being spun out for an international Bank, focuses on systematic trading across liquid equity and foreign exchange markets across the globe.
- They currently have over 9 billion AUM, in the last 2 years their AUM has grown by 50%.
- 175 people in the firm, 155 in London, the rest based in NY and HK
- They are not an aggressive hedge fund, more of a statistical hedge fund and the culture reflects that.
- Most of the finance team have been there 8 years plus and have grown with the firm, they have all stayed because the firm is constantly growing and the role is challenging every day. Nobody has ever left the team to a competitor.
About the role
- The role will encompass delivery of management company financial statements, tax returns and regulatory returns for all entities and the group.
- This role sits in the finance team of 8 people and will report to the head of finance who reports to the CFO.
Responsibilities will include:
- Financial statements
o Financial statement production under FRS102, HK GAAP
o Audit cycle management
- Tax returns
o UK tax - corporation tax (including R&D); partnership tax; VAT; PSA; P11d
o US tax - federal tax; state taxes; commercial rent tax
o HK tax - corporation tax; employer tax returns
o International and domestic transfer pricing
- Regulatory returns
o FCA - FSA001,2,3,19,38,39,55,68
o ICAAP - financial analysis
o ONS - capital assets survey; employer survey
- You will have a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience, either straight from a big 4 environment or with industry experience as well.
- You will have a working knowledge and understanding of FRS102, including the production and/or audit of group financial statements
- Good working knowledge and technical understanding of UK taxes, including the preparation of tax computations and returns
- Ideally you will have been exposed to some regulatory returns
Nice to haves:
- CTA qualification
- Exposure to other international taxes (particularly US tax issues)
- Exposure to hedge funds or similar FCA regulated structures
Package on offer
- Competitive base salary
- Pension 6% employee - employer 8%
- Medical and dental cover
- Life cover
- 25 days holiday
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement