£70,000.00 - £80,000.00 / annum
City of London
16th October 2019
Robert Half Financial Services are recruiting for a qualified Financial Controller to join a specialist Bank based in the City of London
About the firm
- Incorporated in 1955, this Specialist Bank has grown to over 230 people in headcount, with 10 people in the finance function.
- This Bank provides a wide range of secured funding facilities to both individuals and businesses.
- This Bank has huge growth plans and this year alone their loan book has grown by 20% this year.
- This Financial Controller role will manage the controls side of the business but will also include several new projects to get stuck into within IT and Reporting.
- This role is reporting to the Finance Director and will have 2 direct reports.
About the role
- The production of management and financial accounts
- Overseeing financial systems, records and associated controls
- Business Partnering
- Manage the Financial Control team to ensure that they are appropriately motivated, developed and trained
- Manage the preparation of the company's financial accounts to ensure these are presented accurately and on time
- In conjunction with the Financial Analytics team, present management with an insightful and comprehensive view of actual and forecast business performance; of emerging trends; and risks to that performance
- Manage the year-end audit, production of the Annual Report and Pillar 3 documents and assist with the Bank's ICAAP report
- Develop and maintain the General Ledger and related systems, policies and procedures in the Financial Control function to ensure effective and efficient financial management
- Carry out all necessary actions, including review of all financial reconciliations, to ensure that the company meets its financial obligations (excluding customer facing divisional responsibilities)
- Further develop management information to increase clarity, insights, efficiency and speed of preparation
- Drive improvement and efficiencies to support the fast growing business across the Bank through Business Partnering
- Corporate Tax and VAT Reporting
- Qualified accountant with minimum 3 years PQE
- Experience within Financial Services would be beneficial
- Good presentation skills
- Understanding of SQL and report writing packages would be beneficial
- Good technical accounting policy knowledge, particularly experience of IFRS 9, would be beneficial
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900