£50,000.00 - £55,000.00 / annum
City of London
7th October 2019
- Robert Half Financial Services are recruiting for a platform which provides a one stop shop for ambitious and entrepreneurial underwriters within the insurance sector.
- The firm was started back in 2000 and employs over 30 people internationally. This role will report to the Financial Controller and work with the finance team of 4 accountants.
- This is a great time to join the firm who are undergoing a period of high growth and have undergone several acquisitions.
- This could be fantastic opportunities to develop within the group internationally and be part of the team driving the business forward.
About the role
As the Group Accountant, you will work closely with the Financial Controller to assist with the preparation of the group consolidated financial statements for the board of directors, group treasury tax, and the groups financial operations ensuring efficient and effective day-to-day operational and financial management of all the group entities.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual group consolidated reporting to the board incorporating financials and KPIs with analysis against budgets and forecasts
- File all statutory returns, maintain compliance and controls of all group companies across all jurisdictions (UK, Ireland, US)
- Responsible for driving the use and application of best-practice controls, processes and governance throughout the group finance function
- Transfer pricing
- Management of short-term cashflow and working capital
- Fully maintain intercompany accounts, consolidation eliminations and adjustments
- Monthly bank account reconciliations including client money reconciliations within a CASS compliance regime
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset registers, prepayments, accruals and loan schedules
- Foreign exchange exposure management and hedging across the group
- Support with ad-hoc projects as and when required which include, but not limited to, budgeting, cost analysis, project pricing and continuous improvement of financial control
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA), with 10-2-year PQ experience
- Strong technical skills (FRS 102, US GAAP)
- Previous experience in a group accounting role with multi territories, multi-currency and multi-GAAP
Knowledge and experience desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Xero
- An understanding of CASS 5
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900