£55,000.00 - £62,000.00 / annum
City of London
1st July 2019
Infrastructure Engineer - Global Technology & Engineering Firm - City of London
We are a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, as a business we engineer, manage and optimise smart leveraging emerging technologies for our customers.
Due to continued growth we are now looking to increase our UK based infrastructure team by hiring a skilled Infrastructure Engineer.
This position will play an active role in supporting and developing all infrastructure systems and services but will be specifically focused in core infrastructure platforms and networks. It will be responsible for the overall health, design, implementation and support of the environment and for driving the technology forward.
If you're a broadly skilled infrastructure engineer/ Systems Engineer looking for a role with a large project focus with plenty of progression on offer then this may be the role for you!
- Responsible for design, build and operational support of core infrastructure (
- Ensuring that core infrastructure is secure, available and recoverable
- Support and maintenance of end user technology (Windows 10, InTunes, SCCM, Mobility devices & Citrix)
- Patching and planned preventative maintenance
- Capacity management, monitoring and alerting.
- Documentation of infrastructure systems, including run books and support guides.
- Working within the Change Management process.
- Conduct deep dive technical analysis to resolve system problems, ensuring procedures and processors are followed for system changes.
- Identification of KPI's, measuring and reporting against them.
- Producing operational roadmaps.
- Continual service improvement and optimisation of technologies, systems and services you are responsible for.
- Communication of issues and updates to other teams and management
- Work with vendors and partners ensuring services are delivered within SLA.
- Input and periodically review IT Disaster Recovery plans, ensuring they are documented, updated and tested accordingly.
Skills & Experiences Required
- 5 years managing infrastructure in a complex and geographically dispersed IT environment
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience of physical servers, storage, Windows Server, WAN, LAN and WiFi networks
- Competent knowledge and some experience of Windows 10, InTunes, SCCM, Office 365, AD & Identity Management tools,
- Extensive experience of implementing and running infrastructure operational processes
- Supplier & Stakeholder Management
- Experience of managing technical projects
Citrix, SQL, Azure, Hyper V
Location: City of London
Salary: £55,000 - £62,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900