£70,000.00 - £82,000.00 / annum
City of London
1st November 2019
Network Engineer - Commodities Trading (Financial Services) - City of London
We are a leading global commodities brokerage HQ'd in London with offices across the globe including New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Canada. We now employ nearly 1000 people with around half of them in our London City Office. We offer voice, electronic and clearing trade services.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Network Engineer position within our I.T. Department. The Network team is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the overall Global network infrastructure of the Company.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing financial service business at the forefront of technology with many major projects on the horizon.
- Project network consultancy for different line of business for new technical network requirements.
- Act as an escalation point for network design/ engineering issues
- Design/ implementation of new network requirement changes
- Research/ development/ testing of new notwork features
- Operational support for all network features
- Network Security design and implementation
- Review/ improvement of the current network design/ implementation
- On Call/ out of hours work where required
Experience of as much of the following as possible:
- MPLS, RSVP, LDP, L2VPN, L3VPN, VPLS, VRF
- Multicast PIM Sparse and dense mode
- Cisco IOS, JUNOS, Arista EOS
- Palo Alto Juniper SRX Firewall
- Spanning Tree Protocol and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- IP network packet troubleshooting and analysis
- WAN/Campus LAN network design and implementation
- Firewall DMZ design and implementation
- Internet architecture design and implementation
- Network issue troubleshooting
- Project management skills from inception to delivery
- Provide technical guidance to junior team members
- Financial Service experience would be beneficial
We are looking for engineers with strong Cisco Routing/Switching skills as well as one of either Palo Alto or Juniper Switching routing
Location: City of London
Salary: £60,000 - £82,000 + Bonus & Benefits (On call allowances etc.)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900