City of London
17th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is currently working with a tech-start up organisation based in Central London, to recruit a Senior Payroll Manager on a contractual basis at a daily rate of £300 - £500 based on prior experience.
The Senior Payroll Manager role is a sole charge position working closely with the Finance Director and helping with a transformation project so liaising closely with Transformation Lead. This is a varied role where you will take responsibility for many different areas of payroll including:
- Managing a team of 6 in payroll and working closely with Outsourced Payroll Provider to ensure all deadlines are met for the multiple payroll runs.
- Monitor KPI's, support & guide the different stakeholders to ensure accurate & timely reporting
- Engage, oversee and approve any Payroll change, ensuring alignment to globally standardized payroll processes and requirements.
- Identify and progress opportunities for improvement within the payroll team.
- Ensure all payrolls are compliant with all internal compliance and external regulatory obligations
- Manage the delivery of payroll related projects, and the payroll deliverables on wider scoped projects.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in local markets (GMs and Local HRBPs) ensuring alignment of objectives and deliverables.
- A minimum of 8 years progressive experience in Payroll management;
- Detailed operational knowledge of payroll & experience of management within a global payroll team;
- Proven history of effectively managing Outsourced Payroll Models;
- Experience with HCM Platforms (ideally Workday);
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership & stakeholder management skills across all levels of management;
- Deep understanding of operational risk and experience in identifying & implementing controls to mitigate such risks;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a reactive environment with conflicting demands, and be comfortable with ambiguity;
- Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve challenges and issues;
- Ability to make considered decisions that protect and enhance Deliveroo values, reputation and commercial interests; and
- Experience in high growth and / or tech start up environments.
Our client is already a multi-billion-dollar company that is more than doubling in size in every year as they continue to be one of Europe's fastest growing companies.
They are a growing team with a very large impact and are constantly looking for new ideas to help continue to grow. They have a great workplace in central London with easy access to local tube stations.
Salary & Benefits
The new Interim Senior Payroll Manager will gain great exposure to a highly professional and deeply commercial team.
Their central London office is walking distance from multiple central tube stations. They provide a stimulating environment, with a sociable company culture.
They provide many additional perks and benefits, as an organisation that looks after and rewards its employees
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900